Boston Linux Installfest XVIV Saturday December 10, 2005 Channel 5, Needham

Drew Taylor wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2005, at 3:42 PM, John Abreau wrote:
>
>> Robert La Ferla wrote:
>>> Suggestion: It would be nice to have specialized installfests for
>>> MythTV and Asterisk.
>>
>> In principle that would be nice, although I don't think it makes
>> sense as a separate event. To make it feasible, we'd need  volunteers
>> with experience installing these. Also, I imagine we'd  need a video
>> source for MythTV, and telephone lines for Asterisk;
>
> In my earlier reply I failed to mention that I would be perfectly  happy
> with it happening in conjunction with the regular installfest.  I agree
> that there wouldn't be enough need for a separate event.

I would REALLY like the MythTV part to happen, if there are volunteers who
could help with that.  I would bring down my new server for that.

For a video source, I would be happy to bring a VCR and associated cables.
You wouldn't be able to test the online programming, but you could test that
it can record and play back on demand.

Is that good enough?  Should we do it?

As a side note, I am hoping someone there has a dual layer DVD burner.  I
still haven't been able to duplicate that SuSE 10 disk.

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD