Verizon FiOS

Tom Metro wrote:

> It seems a bit odd that there is a $40 premium, or basically double
> the residential price, just to get a static IP. While it's not unusual
> for there to be a big price jump from residential to business, $40 -
> or almost $500 a year - seems excessive for going from
> business-dynamic to business-static. Most providers seem to charge $10
> to $20 premium for static IPs. I guess a dynamic DNS service is the
> way to go here.

Except that they block port 80 (and who knows what else).  I have been
waiting for the business service for a while - I have their residential
service at my house now (5 Mbps/2 Mbps) and have been waiting for their
business offerring - good, I'll call them.  Too bad it doesn't come with
any type of SLA.

So far (4 or 5 months?) I have been quite happy with the residential
service except for the port 80 issue.

Steve