802.11g signal strength; gigE

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Bob George <mailings02 at ttlexceeded.com> writes:
>

>>Rich Braun wrote:
>>

>>> [...] One feature still missing in the new WRT54G code is port-number
>>> translation: if you want sshd to listen on port 54623 instead of
>>> port 22, you can't do the mapping at the WRT54G firewall--you have to
>>> reconfigure your Linux box.)
>>>

>>Using either the Sveasoft or OpenWRT enhanced builds, you can run full
>>iptables scripts on the Linksys WRT-54G series, so that's certainly
>>doable. Neither lets you do it from a nice web gui though, so you'll
>>need to shell in to the unit and update the appropriate init scripts.
>>Other features:
>>* cron
>>* dhcpd
>>* dnsmasq
>>* pptp server
>>* sshd
>>

>Do they support IPsec and/or VPNC VPN?
>
>-derek

OpenWRT supports IPSec via pre-compiled add-on packages. I've had it
installed a while, but never tried to configure it. Probably will when I
get my Nokia 770.

There's a VPNC package available, but it seems to be in a non-standard
distribution. See http://tracker.openwrt.org/packages/ for what packages
are available.