Disk Recovery Part III

blu at scrunch.net (Bob BLU) wrote:
> Skip LVM for your simple home/office machine, not worth the trouble.

Could you elaborate?  What do you mean trouble?  The tools are quite trivial
to use, I've had no difficulties or problems in the years I've used it (under
AIX or Linux).  The learning curve is pretty close to zero, too, it's
straightforward to set up.  And you do get a benefit, especially if (as is the
case for the original author of the thread) you prefer to split your files
across multiple filesystems (not just put them all in root):  you can quickly
add unused space to a volume.

The rest of your advice is direct to the point and I agree with it.

-rich