Linux on Linksys WRT54GL

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 1:43 am, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Anyone using a WRT54GL as a Linux firewall/router (i.e. replaced the
> standard firmware with Linux)?  If so, how do you like it?  Are there
> two wired ethernet ports or just wireless?  If there are wired ports, is
> it possible to disable the wireless ports?
>
> Also, are there other low power (<$150) devices out there that can run
> Linux and have 2 ethernet ports?
>
> Linux on Linksys WRT54GL
> http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html
BTW: The standard WRT54G is available for $39.99 after rebates at Circuit
City. Other than the fact this runs Linux, what is the advantage of the
WRT54GL over the vanilla WRT54G.
Note that the WRT54GL is 4 wired ports + 802.11G wireless. You can get the
spec here:

<http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1133202177241&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper>

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>