Linux on Linksys WRT54GL

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> BTW: The standard WRT54G is available for $39.99 after rebates at Circuit
> City. Other than the fact this runs Linux, what is the advantage of the
> WRT54GL over the vanilla WRT54G.
> Note that the WRT54GL is 4 wired ports + 802.11G wireless. You can get the
> spec here:

The current WRT54G cannot run Linux.  It runs VxWorks.  Only the WRT54GL
and very old versions of the WRT54G can.  Linksys lost a court battle
over GPL code and had to publish source for the WRT54G firmware which
led to open source firmware including Linux.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who actually is using one as well
as other low-power Linux platforms w/2 ethernet ports.