socat experts?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 03:28:31PM -0500, Josh ChaitinPollak wrote:
> Alternatively, does anyone know of another application that can
> forward serial communication to an ethernet connection over udp?

iHow about sredird?

 "Sredird is a serial port redirector that is compliant with the RFC 2217
 "Telnet Com Port Control Option" protocol."

And cyclades-serial-client:

 "Network Serial port client software for Cyclades terminal servers
 This is the client for network serial port emulation via the RFC 2217
 protocol as used by Cyclades terminal servers and other products.
 It consists of a daemon that manages a pseudo-tty and a shared object
 to take over the tcsetattr() and tcsendbreak() library calls to redirect
 their functionality over the network."

-dsr-

--
What's the best thing you could be doing right now? Why aren't you?