Tool for identifying languages

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 12:57 -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 10:23:17AM -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:34:06AM -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a tool that can determine which language a
> > > chunk of text is written in? (Assume a few hundred words)
> >
> > http://languid.cantbedone.org/
> > http://languid.cantbedone.org/Language-Guess.tgz

Slightly OT:

In addition to writing that module, Maciej Ceglowski maintains a blog
called Idle Words. He is a pretty interesting guy who also happens to be
a damn fine painter. I found his site in the early days of del.icio.us
when he wrote a pretty amusing send up of Paul Graham's "Hackers and
Painters" essay.

http://www.idlewords.com/2005/04/dabblers_and_blowhards.htm

In case y'all don't follow Paul Graham, he often has interesting things
to say and is worth reading (IMO).

http://www.paulgraham.com/

--Larry