Twin-pane file managers

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:03:24 -0500, Matej Cepl <ceplm at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Krusader -- there is nothing better in twin-pane file managers on Linux.
> Period.
I'll surely take your word for it! I Googled, went to the Web site
(Sourceforge?), decided to look at all 23 screen shots at once, and
downloaded. Not installed, yet, but it won't be long. Indeed; I see why
you say what you say.

Up to now, the best I knew of, emelFM, seems to be a one-man creation, and
imho he's done a nice job. However, Krusader seems to be a collaborative
program.

> Yes, it is KDE (but that's your problem that you use Gnome :-D).

<chat>
Well, I'm not partisan about the two choices. For now, I'm running
Libranet 3.0 on a trailing-edge machine (Deskpro 4K, 233 MHz P II,
128MB/40GB.) Gnome apps seem to run faster, but KDE seems perhaps to be
better integrated, and generally looks nicer. KDE also seems to eat CPU
cycles; the bouncing squashing icon on starting an app. isn't much fun
past, say, 15 seconds or so. While KDE's graphic designers were clueless
about the graceful shape of a real gear tooth, the GNOME footprint struck
me as ugly. In all, I think of it as a healthy competition.
</kitty>

> Matej

Btw, in Czech, do you spell your last name as )B?epl? (For those not
Unicode-enabled, [)B?] is a Latin capital letter C with caron, U+010C)

Best regards, and thank you, indeed!

--
NB Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
In Linux, looks do count.