Twin-pane file managers

Greg Rundlett wrote:
> Konqueror (the file manager part) does two pane (or infinite pane I
> suppose) file management because you can split the active pane, and

Sorry guys,

I love konqueror, use it all the time (mostly as web browser though), but
whoever is claiming that konqueror with two windows can be suitable OFM
doesn't know what he is talking about. OFM (or twin-panel managers;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_file_manager and especially
http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/index.shtml) is quite standardized beast
and its main power is in its maximal use of keyboard (of course, Zenclavier
http://www.oreilly.com/news/zenclavier_1299.html comes to mind). Talking
about drag-and-drop and OFM (albeit called "twin-pane file manager") in one
paragraph is quite nonsense.

Best,

Matej

He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
      -- Oscar Wilde