Extra files found after a copy from Windows

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 09:36:50PM -0500, Robert La Ferla wrote:

> >> Apple's approach in OSX was to make an application be a folder with a
> >> .app extension, and then use an xml-like file to index files within that
> >> folder that correspond to the old resource fork.
> >>

> > Ah, interesting.
> >
> > Do you know if the application developers have to implement all that
> > via native *NIX file system API calls or has Apple built their own API
> > to sort of automate all that for their developers?
> >
> > I'm not expecting anyone to know this, just curious.
> >
> No native *NIX calls.  The XCode development tool takes care of
> packaging it for you into a .app and the ApplicationKit has support for
> resource bundles.  This approach was actually part of NeXTSTEP, the
> ancestor of OS X.

Makes sense. (wait a minute... software that makes sense? OMG!)
Thanks Bob.

speech recognition software may have been used to create this e-mail

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men
of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." - Brandeis

To think contrary to one's era is heroism. But to speak against it is
madness. -- Eugene Ionesco