possible hacking?

> Yep, when the security environment gets better as a whole,
> script-kiddies start using better scripts.  Requires no extra effort on
> their part and no better understanding of whats going on.

Coyotos (http://www.coyotos.org/) is an interesting project; they're
trying to develop an OS where one can mathematically prove what
privileges any program running on it will and will not be able to acquire.

Part of this project involves writing a whole new systems-programming
language whose programs can be fed into a theorem prover, so I'm not
exactly holding my breath until this thing is released...but it looks
really cool, especially when you read some of the papers describing the
underlying theory.