Rack equipment vendor/thoughts on Dell?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 08:30:53AM -0500, Steve S. wrote:
> I'm working for a startup and we are about to buy a lot of rackmount
> gear -- a little bit for our internal development, and a lot (15-20
> servers to start) to go into a local colo facility for
> staging/production type use.  We've been going back and forth on the
> different vendors.

This is a lot of servers -- to you. To Dell and HP, it's
negligible.

We've been very happy with hardware, service and prices from
Pogo Linux, www.pogolinux.com for rackmount servers. We have
Xeons and Opterons from them running Debian. They're large
enough that we don't have support worries, and small enough that
buying 10 servers at once gets their attention (and probably a
further discount, if you talk to a live rep.)

-dsr-