BLU archives

I just tried looking something up in the BLU (discuss list) archives:

http://olduvai.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/

and noticed we don't have a search engine. These days Google is the
quick answer to that problem, but Google seems to have a very limited
index of olduvai.blu.org. For example, a search that should have turned
up a few hundred posts in the entire archive, or even several from
January, only turned up one from the January archive.

Are there steps we can take to get Google to spider the site? Are there
any robot rules preventing Google from spidering the site?

Are there any other list archiving services that archive BLU discuss?
(Usually they turn up in a Google search, but I found none on the web or
in groups.) If not, maybe we should start using one as a secondary archive.

We could always change the archiving software to one that provides a
search feature, but that's probably more work than getting Google to work.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA