audio players....

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:13:22AM -0500, Gordon Marx wrote:

> On 31/01/06, David Hummel <dhml at comcast.net> wrote:
> > http://olduvai.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2006-January/024549.html
>
> The thread is singularly unhelpful, as only one person has chimed in
> with actual personal experience. I find it hard to believe that only
> one person on the entire BLU list has a portable music player. Digging
> up this topic for further discussion seems completely reasonable.

Yes, and pointing to an existing thread is a good place to start.  The
archives should be indexed and searchable for exactly this reason.

I've been using a 1GB flash-based Creative MuVo TX FM:

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=215&product=9771

It's a standard USB mass storage device, which makes it easy to transfer
files to/from a Linux box.  The player module plugs directly into a USB
port, avoiding the need for a cable.  The carrier module uses AAA
batteries.  MP3 is the only useful supported file format for Linux
folks though.

Beware, I'm not sure all of the MuVo models are UMS devices.  I've heard
the newer Zen models aren't either.

I'm interested in the iAudio U3 and M5 models that support Ogg and FLAC,
so I'd like to hear from people who actually have one of these.

-David