[corradolist] Active Aero System

On Feb 7, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Gabe Rowe wrote:

> I've often thought that for a road car, an active front spoiler
> would be great since you could still drive it on the roads, but get
> the benefit similar to what you see on GT cars that have the front
> spoiler and just basically blocking off the front bottom edge of
> the car... no air flow under the car is good for traction at high
> speed right?

I think its more the down force generated in the front more than the
lack of airflow that is helpful. Its all about decreasing lift.

On a related note, I think some race cars and I think maybe Audi
production cars are using or investigating the use of dimples, like
those on golf-balls, on the undercarriage of cars to control the
airflow. A quick google search turned up mention of a Lexus, but no
decent links.