Any comment for RHCE?

At 05:05 PM 2/9/2006, Jeff Kinz wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:37:36PM +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Dave Peters wrote:
>> > Any comment for RHCE? I think about the training and
>> > the examination. I don't know if it is worth or not.
>>
>> Paralel question -- is there any certification for Debian? And
>> how much seriously taken it is?
>
>LPI has certs for Linux, not specifically for Deb.
>
>RH certs seem to be the most valued certs for Linux, possibly by an
>order of magnitude over others.  At least that is what I think I'm
>seeing based on job board postings and articles.  (YMMV etc..)

You can get a taste of the LPI Cert by taking an LPI Exam at LinuxWorld:

  http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12BOS06A/conference

It is paper-based and closed book/computer.

I like the RH Cert as it is performance-based, not paper-based.  You have to configure and fix an actual system.  Sounds like fun to me.