Any comment for RHCE?

> > I thought, that in this particular case certification may be
> > useful as a way to compensate for the lack of documents.

This is precisely where a certification is good/necessary,  when you
have expertise but no work-history to show for it. The certification on
your resume should get you past that first screening.  If the employer
doesn't investigate further to assert your advertised knowledge, that is
their failure.  Again this is my opinion, but anything you can do to
help your resume stand out from the general population is worth doing.
The RHCE carries a decent amount of respect.  The training course itself
is great too.  It definitely helps one find the vulnerable soft
under-belly in the "I know it all" administrative ego-armor.  I'd do it.

My particular weakness was emacs lisp scripting.  But honestly, who use
that bloated, outdated, resource hogging crap tool anyway?

Kidding!!!

I'm twice RHCE certified (back in 2000 and again this past Dec'05).  A
LOT has changed in both product and goals for the RHCE in 5 years.

christoph