iPod frustrations

I'm using grip and gtkpod to manage my ipod. The problem is, that I
don't know of a way
to cleanly keep the order of the tracks from the CD -> grip -> gtkpod ->
iPod. What happens
is that grip writes the track title to the .mp3 file, and gtkpod then
sorts the tracks by title
name, not track number. Anyone run across this problem? The ideal thing
would be to
be able to keep tracks consistent across CD's. If I get an audio book on
CD, which run
usually about 10 CD's or so, I'd like to load up all 10 CD's and still
preserve the order of
the tracks...

A quick search through the grip and gtkpod web sites didn't give any
obvious solutions
that I could find...

Thanks. Steve.