Help with Squid, Verizon Wireless web stuff

I spent part of the weekend setting up a wap proxy at home and it works
pretty well for my LG VX6100.  Only problem I have is Openwave on my phone
doesn't receive any graphics - only text.  Even if I set the prefs to
download graphics (the default).  Is it the proxy (Squid under Debian),
VZW, or Openwave?

I tried connecting through the proxy with my wife's Motorola 720, but
although I am logging her dhcp address at the firewall, the same
configuration that permits my phone to work is just not letting hers
through.   Same subnet as the IP assigned to my phone.

Any ideas for why graphics are not being transferred via Openwave?

Any ideas why her 720 doesn't work through the same config?

Thanks.

Scott