Comcast setup & cable modem fees - decision

Hello:

Thanks for all the feedback.  Economics also plays a role.  Comcast
wanted $99 for the trifecta of Internet, phone, and TV.  Speakeasy DSL
+ Phone would be $84 plus Comcast basic cable at $16, comes out to a
dollar more.  That would be basic cable, far few channels than regular
cable.

After discussions with the lady, we knew that if we got more channels,
we would waste more time on TV.  With Speakeasy, we could put up web
pages and play with new ways to use the Internet.  Clearly the support
folks win on the Seattle crew.  So we are going with Speakeasy for
ADSL and phone service, Comcast for basic cable.

And I might get a bit entrepreneurial.  I will ask for details on
sharing the line, and offer 1 other house to join in for $20/month,
and a max of 2 houses at $15/month to share a wireless Internet
connection.  I'll get info from Speakeasy on setting it up, buy a bit
of hardware, and then get the trifecta for ~ $70/month.

doug