Comcast setup & cable modem fees - decision

On the subject of cable modems and fees, Verizon is rolling out its
consumer fiber service in a few towns (Watertown, Belmont, Woburn,
and Reading, IIRC).  5Mb up/2Mb down for $35 a month, which is about $20
less than Comcast.

Anyone here using the Verizon fiber?

Thanks

-Charles

PS.  In the course of finding out about this Verizon deal while at the
laundromat, I was informed that Cambridge owns the telephone poles in
Belmont.  Can anyone confirm that, or know the circumstances that lead to
it?