Google email/domain hosting

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Tom Metro wrote:

> Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> > I am curious, from this group, why people trust google to host your
> > domain and email.
>
> I posed that same question to a friend who was seeking to host their
> email with Google.

I may consider transferring email to them, but I'd first need to find a
safe and secure way to do so.   And, a method that their web interface
will show the date a message was sent/received, and not "today's" date.

Any insight/idea on email transfer schemes?   One would be IMAP/SSL, but I
presume they don't support that, and they don't seem to say anything about
methods of transfer prior to signing up.   I haven't actually clicked the
I Acknowledge button yet, until I get more answers to satisfy whether or
not to do it.

Insights welcome.

Thanks.

Scott