Yahoo's spam filters

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 09:05 -0400, Rich Braun wrote:
> Yahoo has gigantic market share; I just counted 15% of my own
> correspondents
> use Yahoo.com for their primary email domain.  Am at wit's end, how do
> I fix
> my home mail server to evade Yahoo's spam filter?!?  Do I need to tell
> all my
> friends to move their account to gmail in order to get around Yahoo's
> annoying
> filter?  Can I get Comcast to renumber me out of the address block
> that I'm
> in?

Hi Rich,

I run a server off my comcast drop at home. I haven't had any problems
sending mail. If you have a yahoo account address, I'll throw off a test
mail to see what happens. We can compare notes.

My setup is real simple:

* postfix -- only accepting connections from localhost
* "smart hosts" relay to smtp.comcast.net
* the hostname on my server is resolvable
  -- last year when I rebuilt my server, I think having the resolvable
hostname was the key to getting my mail through to everybody...

--Larry