Residential energy inquiry

As many of us have computer setups at home that consume energy, and we like to
also save a few dollars wherever possible, I wanted to get your input for
competitive energy suppliers with NStar as the infrastructure provider.   I
recently received a letter from Dominion Retail for fixed-rate residential
electric through December.

I called the Mass DTE for their advice/input, and the best they could offer was
that many customers want lower rates, and this is one way to do it, and that
NStar's rates are set in June.   Thus, if I went with, say, Dominion (or I
could call NStar's other suppliers and get their rates) and NStar was cheaper,
I'd have to likely pay a fee to switch back to NStar for supply.

Do people have experience with suppliers other than Dominion?  If so, what are
your stories and experiences?

Thanks.

Scott