Quick postfix RTFM question

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 10:28:25AM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> As I had mentioned earlier, I used to have a mailertable where some domains
> I routed through comcast and others through BLU and others were direct.
>
> One thing I was curious about is I want to be able to set up a relayhost
> where I deliver email either to smtp.comcast.net or to blu.org depending on
> the destination domain.
>
> AFAIK: The way to do this in Postfix might to use transport maps.
> An example of what I want to do is below:
> Destination			smarthost
> comcast.net			smtp.comcast.net
> blu listservs			lists.blu.org
> default				blu.org (would probably be asgard).
>
> I was just wondering if this would be the best way, or does anyone have
> another suggestion.

I take it that blu.org is willing to do SMTP relay delivery for
members based on some authentication mechanism? (If not, it
would be really nice, considering the last few months'
discussions.)

The other way to do this in Postfix, I think, is to use
content_filter and pretend that your smarthosts are going to do
spam checking for you.

In qmail, just add the appropriate lines to
/var/qmail/control/smtproutes:

yahoo.com:smtp.comcast.net
comcast.com:smtp.comcast.net
lists.blu.org:lists.blu.org
*:blu.org

I like to stay away from catch-all smarthosts and route mail
myself -- when someone is using a silly filter that blocks
Comcast's "dynamic" IPs, I catch the bounce and add them in as a
one-off. I generally only need to add about one domain a month.

-dsr-