Quick postfix RTFM question

On Monday 03 April 2006 11:49 am, dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:

> I take it that blu.org is willing to do SMTP relay delivery for
> members based on some authentication mechanism? (If not, it
> would be really nice, considering the last few months'
> discussions.)
No. BLU does not provide that service. it is just that John, David,
Christoph and I run the servers.  We also need to be very restrictive
because we do not pay for our hosting and we have taken a very strict view
of running anything that would jeopardize that.

> The other way to do this in Postfix, I think, is to use
> content_filter and pretend that your smarthosts are going to do
> spam checking for you.
>
> In qmail, just add the appropriate lines to
> /var/qmail/control/smtproutes:
>
> yahoo.com:smtp.comcast.net
> comcast.com:smtp.comcast.net
> lists.blu.org:lists.blu.org
> *:blu.org
 I think that the postfix transport map mechanism is similar to this. I want
to be a bit more adaptive, I know that a number of listservs we run are
virtualized (eg. macwoburn.org), so I know that this is a listserv and that
lists.blu.org is the most direct.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group