looking for recommnedations for an attorney and/or accountant

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 03:04:13PM -0400, Adam Russell wrote:
> I am currently a W2 contractor. That is, I am a w2 employee of the
> contract agency. I did this initially in order to ensure that i had
> benefits, however, the beneifts they offer I now realize aren't all that
> great. So, I figure if I start my own LLC or S-Corp I can see more of
> the $$ that the contract agency is currently taking from me and just
> negotiate my own benefits.
> That said, I know little of such business details and would like to meet
> with an accountant or attorney for some advice.
> I know there are a lot of expereinced contractor son this list and was
> hoping for a recommendation for such services in the cambridge area that
> will not cost too much.
> How mch can I expect to spend for a meeting and getting a consultation
> and advice?

Hi Adam,

I'm not sure how much value you will get from meeting with an attorney.
The information you want is pretty stable and widely discussed.

there are local mail lists for contractors/consultants
and books on how to start your own practice, not mention many web
sites as well.

Here is one list where you can get some good advice:
bostoncontractors at yahoogroups.com  IIRC this list is run by
someone in BLU.