<homer> Stupid network! </homer>

> Paul Baumgardner wrote:
>> Don't you need to have wireles hub on a different IP range for routing?
>>
>> On my server setup I have the LAN nic on 192.168.0.1  that connects to
>> a hub for all my wired PC's and then I have a wireless NIC (server is
>> an AP)  that is 192.168.1.1 for my laptops, etc.
>
> Ding!  That was it.

Isn't that what I said in the first place?

At my house I have this setup:
[Cable Modem] >>> [FSV318 Router]---[WAP54G - basement]
                                  +-[DLINK wireless Router, second floor]

I connect the DLINK through a cross-over cable to the router to the
standard client ports. This takes the DLINK router out of the picture and
makes it a virtual ethernet wire to a hub. I think your main problem when
you tried this is that you did not use a crossover cable. To my knowledge
the WRTG will not automatically crossover.

If you want the WRTG54 to act link a router, then separate IP addresses
are what to use, of course. If you want the WRTG to act like an access
point and a hub/switch you still can.