Samba authentication - domain vs server?

Grant M. wrote:
> Did you try rebinding the server? I have seen where the secrets.tdb can
> get somehow corrupted and needs to be rebound, although that was with an
> ActiveDirectory PDC.
> Grant M.

No, I hadn't tried that. I'll have to give that a shot at some point.

Rebinding it won't involve downtime while it's still in "server" mode,
will it?
I would want to rebind it first, then find a time to test again in
"domain" mode
when it won't disrupt my customers' use of the server.

IM: jabr at jabber.blu.org / abreauj at aim / abreauj at yahoo / 28611923 at icq
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9