Linux Laptop

On Thursday 04 May 2006 10:32 am, Ward Vandewege wrote:

> Like I said, it depends on the exact version of the card. My colleague's
> NX6125 is only a month or so old. How old is your NX6125?
One month. It arrived April 5th.

> Besides; having to use ndiswrapper sucks. I'll take a GPL'd driver
> (ralink, for instance) anytime over the (slightly unstable) resource hog
> that ndiswrapper + windows driver is. Ndiswrapper is a _workaround_. It's
> not a solution.
It would be good if we could get Broadcom to release native Linux drivers. I
went round and round a while ago with another chip maker.

So far, I have had no problems with the 64-bit driver and ndiswrapper.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group