gnu/linux on AMD: 64-bit or 32-bit?

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 9:27 pm, Bill Ricker wrote:
> At work, we're deploying RHEL AS4 on AMD64 as 64bit first, since it
> brings out the 64-bit goodness of the Opterons. ?I'm just hoping to
> get one of my DL585's upgraded from AS3 (32bit on 64bit hardware, what
> a waste) to RH EL AS 4. ?I have to assume FC4/FC5 is cool with AMD64
> "from the box" if RHEL4 is? Jim says he's using FC5_64. CENTOS might
> do AMD64 too?
We have RHEL 4.0 on all the DL 585s in our lab as well as the DL580s
(EM64T). We also have it deployed on a number of systems in TestDrive. You
can go to www.testdrive.hp.com to sign up for a free account. Tim maintains
a list of systems, what hardware and what software they are running. Note
that we also have the Intel compiler installed on all of the Intel based
systems.
http://www.testdrive.hp.com/current.shtml

We've also got Debian, SLES9, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Tru64, and Hp-UX online.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group