fetchmail from verizon

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:03:36 -0500
> From: "dan moylan" <jdm at moylan.info>
> Subject: fetchmail from verizon
> To: "boston linux and unix (blu)" <discuss at blu.org>
>

> when i try to collect mail from verizon.net, fetchmail times
> out.  do i need some special authentication?  .fetchmailrc
> looks like this:
>
> # fchmai.ver
> # 060604
>
>   poll verizon.net      protocol pop3
>     user "jdm34"        with pass "......."    is "moylan"  here
>     user "memoylan"     with pass "......."    is "emoylan" here
>   smtp localhost

I was playing around with nslookup
I did a set type=mx
I couldn't find anything to connect to on verizon.net myself.
I am a verizon DSL subscriber and have been unable to connect to
incoming.verizon.net for POP service for awhile now.
I can still check my mail via verizon's webmail page
netmail.verizon.net, however.
I haven't bothered complaining as contacting verizon help is an
excercise in frustration. I'd likely spend 3 hours on the phone wih a
succession of people asking me if my PC is plugged in. Oh, and their
help pages still list incoming.verizon.net as the correct POP server.
http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/site/msa/index.jsp?case=c2372
Is anyone else having this problem? Is it just me being blocked!?!? =-O
Interestingly, and quite fortunately, I have not had a problem with
their SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net.

P.S. Just as I was sending this through Thunderbird I got an error
saying I could not connect to outgoing.verizon.net !! I sent this
through a webmail account instead. What is up with verizon!?!?