cups admin problem with Ubuntu

James Kramer wrote:

> I have also enabled port 631 on my Asus router firewall.

Go for it step-by-step:

1) telnet localhost 631
what does it do? If you get error, is cupsd running at all? if not, is it
installed (package cupsys; if you have laptop, then it is highly
recommended to have local CUPS server running, if it is desktop which will
be always connected to the network with the server, where CUPS is running,
then you can use just cups-client pointing to the server's CUPS server --
you would try telnet server 631 then) isn't there some inetd, firewall or
something like that preventing you access the server?
2) lynx http://localhost:631
what does it do? what kind of error you get?
3) then you can try to install on the local CUPS printer on the remote CUPS
server ...
etc.

Tell us when it breaks and what exactly is the error you get.

Best,

Mat?j

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

I believe in the power of prayer. It's been said: "I would rather
stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers
of the righteous." The prayers of a friend are one of life's most
gracious gifts.
    -- George W. Bush at the 2001 National Prayer Breakfast