Linux Newbie Info Request

Hi,

I bought my last system at PCs for Everyone in Cambridge, and I have had no complaints - they're at
 <http://www.pcsforeveryone.com> www.pcsforeveryone.com and are currently offering Fedora Core 5, Gentoo 2006, Ubuntu Linux, SuSE Linux 10 , Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or a distribution of your choice.

Or, you could go with a private hardware builder.  I am currently having a new system built by Brian Gudzevich in Stoneham, atarian at comcast.net.  He quotes very reasonable prices and is very trustworthy
(I've known him since he was a child).  I'm going with him rather than the above for the same reason of
an inexpensive system that I can experiment on without worrying about breaking an expensive system
beyond repair!

Ilane