What laser printers do you like?

I've got a DEC LN-17 laser printer I want to replace (I'm gonna sell it
at the MIT Flea this Sunday).  I'm looking for another Linux-friendly
laser printer, possibly with a network jack.  Speed is not important,
but linux-friendly and fairly reliable are.  Toner replacement cost is a
minor factor.  I would like to spend $100-$250, with that higher end
having to really be worth it.

My research so far has shown that many printers in that price range,
especially the smaller ones, tend to curl the pages, which would suck,
and have a fairly high DOA (or within two months) rate.  Why is this so
hard?

Any advice? Thanks.