Which distros should I consider ?

Kent Borg wrote:
>> This is a distro to watch as Mark Shuttleworth has some
>> very specific plans. I suspect that it will, in the long run, not
>> use Debian bits.
>
> Interesting possibility for what happens to Ubuntu.  Maybe more
> interesting is what happens to Debian after the tsunami named Ubuntu
> passes to a non-Debian world.

My crystall ball is slightly foggy, but still it seemed to me that actually
the relationship between Debian and Ubuntu was getting better (especially
in terms of pushing patches back to Debian). Then it could be that Debian
will be the big development playground with semi-commercial offspring
Ubuntu. But I am quite sure, that future turns out to be different.

Mat?j

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

He had delusions of adequacy.
      -- Walter Kerr