Help with streaming audio...

I want to experiment with building a streaming audio web server from home to
listen to ham radio repeaters while at work.   I would set my scanner to a few
frequencies and send the audio to a computer connected to my cable modem.

I have no intention of putting any money - only time, into this project.

I would also want the audio stream to be part of the web page that would contain
the link.

I'll install any free Linux distro (the laptop to be used can be reformatted as
many times as necessary).

Thanks for any leads/help.

Scott