What interface is a card reader?

    Ilane> My hardware guy writes in response to my ping: As for the
    Ilane> card reader, it sounds like she needs to plug it into a USB
    Ilane> header on the motherboard.  Most motherboard (including the
    Ilane> one in your new computer) have one or two 9-pin headers.
    Ilane> If her card reader only has for pins, then it connects to
    Ilane> one side of the header.

Thanks, that sounds like the fact I needed to know.  I'll let you know
how it works out.

    Ilane> The other side is available to connect another USB port.
    Ilane> If her computer has only one header, and front USB ports on
    Ilane> the case, the USB ports will be using that header.  She
    Ilane> will have to add a PCI USB card in that case.

There are at least two headers.  This reader was definitely connected
to this motherboard in the old case; I just failed to note where when
I took it all apart.

Thanks,

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )