LDAP authentication failure after "yum update"

John Abreau wrote:
> I ran "yum update" on mt LDAP server this afternoon, and since then I've
> been unable to login to it via ldap. It's also the Samba PDC, and I
> can't login to my Windows servers either.

What packages were updated?  If you can't remember, /var/log/yum.log should
tell you.

> My other Linux servers also use ldap authentication, and I have no
> problem logging into them.
>
> I'm running into a dead end trying to figure out what broke. Any ideas
> how I can fix this thing?

I'd check the following files on your broken server against the other working
servers for differences:
 /etc/nsswitch.conf
 /etc/pam.d/system-auth
 /etc/ldap.conf
 (if you're really desperate, all the other files in /etc/pam.d/ )

Matt