Clueful [A]DSL provider wanted

On 8/11/06, Nicholas Bodley <nbodley at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Btw, I think Speakeasy has its own dedicated fiber trunks. They are the
> biggest independent provider in the USA, afaik.

Well, I've had a billion mails[0] saying that Speakeasy are the folks
to go with, which seems to cocur with the research I did - yes, I had
already seen dslreports, but links to other sites I've not seen are
very much appreciated :-) I hope they do actually offer custom reverse
DNS too, but I could live without it at a push. I'm just probably too
used to the wonderful wealth of mom and pop sized clueful DSL
providers in the UK...

Somehow, I don't expect other telephony to be as easy to arrange. I've
got a vanity cell number in the UK (ending 131337) but as yet haven't
found an easy route to getting one setup in the US, despite a silly
amount of effort. None of the DID VoIP providers I've spoken to can
offer me anything specific within a given area code either, so I
expect it's going to take a lot of going into stores and finding
someone who can hook me up!

Jon.

[0] Number made up, may not reflect reality.