iwconfig gives ath0: no such device

On Aug 16, 2006, at 5:30 AM, Ken Gosier wrote:

> I downloaded and installed all the 0.9.1 rpm's from:
>
> http://madwifi.org/suse/10.1-i386/
>
> The ones with kmp in the name told me I was missing a kernel
> dependency.

If I had to guess, you either need to install madwifi .9.0:

http://madwifi.org/suse/10.1-i386/madwifi-kmp-
smp-0.9.0_2.6.16.13_4.1-1.2.i586.rpm

or upgrade your kernel (probably a security update), and install this
package:

http://madwifi.org/suse/10.1-i386/madwifi-kmp-
smp-0.9.1_2.6.16.21_0.8-1.1.i586.rpm

You'll need to resolve the dependancies and get one of those installed.

> Linux linux-w0zs 2.6.16.13-4-smp #1 SMP Wed May 3 04:53:23 UTC 2006
> i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Notice you have 2.6.16.13, so you'll need to get that to match the
version encoded in the rpm's filename. Either upgrade your kernel and
install the 0.9.1 package or just install the 0.9.0 package. You'll
probably need to uninstall the 0.9.1 utility package and install the
older one too, if you go that route.

I'm betting if you run your security updates through yast your kernel
will be bumped to 2.6.16.21 though.

-Josh