mod_auth_pam

I've trimmed down the error message and got rid of the ypserv error by
adding the
following line to /etc/ypserv.conf

172.17.1./255.255.255.0    : *       : shadow.byname    : none

Now for some reason I still have the pam_unix authentication failure...

Aug 18 11:41:39 qmt0 httpd(pam_unix)[20925]: authentication failure;
logname= uid=48 euid=48 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=adler

:(