iwconfig gives ath0: no such device

Just wanted to follow up with this, and send along many thanks for all the
help.

I was able to install and build madwifi from the tarball. I first had to
get the kernel sources, which were included on the suse cd's. I also had
to install gcc, which for some reason suse didn't install by default.

I didn't use the earlier madwifi rpm's b/c the Netgear is now not
communicating with the router on my Windows partition. (The cable modem
got unplugged yesterday, and when it came back, Windows wouldn't talk with
it.) Which means I now have wireless Internet through suse but not
Windows. Which is fine by me. :-)

Next up is to see if I can get YaST to resize my partitions. My /home is
too big, and /usr too small.

Many thanks again for all the help!