router/printing problems

Bill Mills-Curran wrote:
> I have a home network with 2 routers.
>
> My 192.168.2.x network has a couple of windows boxes (some wireless)
> behind a linkSys router.  This network feeds to my 192.168.1.x network
> which connects to the internet through a second router.  My linux box
> (samba print server) is on the 192.168.1.x network and has a static
> IP.  I just moved to this setup when I got Verizon FIOS.  (Their
> wireless router has poor range.)

Is samba set up as a winserver or PDC? Can you browse shares
on the samba server from the ms boxes? Can you change the ip
address of an ms box to the same subnet as the samba server
and print successfully? Have you looked in the samba
documentation in /usr/share/doc/samba-version?
More information on your setup would be helpful.

Jim

believed to be clean.