WRT54GL or WRTSL54GS

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 12:17 -0400, Bob - BLU wrote:

> I'll be purchasing a wireless G access_point/router/bridge
> to go with the Intel Pro 3945ABG adapter in my new Linux laptop.

> I like the idea of hacking a Linksys number.  Any opinions or
> insight on a WRT54GL versus a WRTSL54GS?

Iff you're planning to actually install OpenWRT or similar, get the GL
Linux hacker friendly one. They (Linksys) reduced the flash on the newer
routers but increased it a little in the GL version, so you can still
hack at it and do what you want - though it's still not the original.

Personally, I just bought a WRT54GL to install in my folks' place so I
can fix their networking issues (in the UK) once I'm living in Boston. I
made the mistake of also ordering a D-Link DSL-G604T, for the DSL, which
I blogged about. I'm still looking for a good Linux based DSL router :-)

Jon.

believed to be clean.