sponsorship?

On Thursday 07 September 2006 5:10 pm, dan at geer.org wrote:
> Just checking, but is www.WindowsBoston.com
> telling the truth that their "Perimeter Defense
> Full Day Training" is sponsored by BLU?  I got
> an e-mail blurb, not at the address I use to
> subscribe here, that says BLU is a sponsor.
>
> Not implying anything, just checking;
We are not sponsoring the event. We are also not holding an installfest at
the event. Initially, when this was going to be hosted at Channel 5, we
were planning on an installfest as one of the breakout sessions. But, the
Windows Boston group was unable to get their ducks together and the PDD was
delayed and the venue changed. I will be giving a talk on Hardening Linux.
Actually, Andy Suchoski and Will Beck, 2 of my coworkers have been putting
together a fairly complete White Paper on SELinux, and Andy recently gave a
talk at Columbia Area Linux Users Group (http://www.calug.com/) in
Maryland. I have Andy's presentation and I am integrating it into my talk.
His slides are very good with a lot of good graphics, and my stuff is
usually somewhat texty. I might be able to twist Will Beck's arm to speak
at one of our meetings next year. Both of us are contractors and we must
take some time off between contracts at HP. Andy lives in the DC area.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

believed to be clean.