Telnet to SSH migration

Bob - BLU wrote:
> of telnet for ssh.  However, I need to limit the capabilities provided
> by ssh down to just that shell script via a unix passwd login, like they
> have now via telnet.  No port forwarding, no scp, no sftp, nothing else
> for the end users.  System admin users should still be able to scp, port
> forward, etc.

Run 'man sshd_config'.
You can disable all port forwarding via the AllowTcpForwarding option in the
server config file, but there's no way to allow only a subset of users to
use it.

Actually, here's what you want I think:
Run two servers on two different ports.  The server on port 22 will be the
restricted access one, with all the stuff you mentioned disabled.  Then run
another server on some other port, and use the AllowUsers config option to
only allow sys admins to log in via that server.  Does that make sense?

Matt

believed to be clean.