LVM + RAID follow up

"Derek Atkins" <warlord at MIT.EDU>
> Let's assume I have a system where I've got two
> 80G drives partitioned like the following:
>
> 1: 200M <raid>
> 2: 1G   <swap>
> 3: 78G  <raid>

Derek is that how you're actually setting it up, your swap is *not* configured
as RAID?  I've always assumed that if you don't want to have your system go
down upon an hdd failure, you really want swap to be sitting on top of RAID.
(I had it as its own /dev/md1 partition until I started using LVM to assign a
volume as swap along with the various filesystems.)

If you do this, of course, at init you need to run

# /sbin/mdadm --monitor --delay=300 --scan --daemonize

so you'll get an email whenever a RAID array degrades.  Otherwise you'll go
months before realizing a drive's bad.

-rich

believed to be clean.