building nvidia kernel module

I'm trying to get the nvidia-kmod driver installed on my
system. I am very close to doing it but I need to change the
  path of an expected source. I know that some of you are
involved with building packages for the fedora project so I
hope this issue is familiar. First I will paste a link to
the thread on fedoraforum that outlines what I'm trying to
do and then the output from the command on my system that is
complaining.
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126183

How do I modify or create a environment variable that points
to the current kernel source for my system.

$ rpmbuild -ba nvidia-kmod.spec --target=`uname -m` --define
'kvariants ""'
Building target platforms: x86_64
Building for target x86_64
error: Failed build dependencies:
kernel-devel-x86_64 = 2.6.18-1.2849.bag.v1 is needed by
nvidia-kmod-1.0.8776-1.2.6.18_1.2849.bag.v1.x86_64
I created a link in /usr/src/kernels/ that points to the
source file of the compiled kernel but it is ignored. The
expected path must be hard coded in the environment the
rpmbuild builds from. How do I change this?

If there is more information needed I would be happy to find
it and post

Jim Kelly-Rand

believed to be clean.